BON TV: Real Estate Bubble in China?
Anyone who’d like a reasonably quick and easy to digest summary of my take on China’s real estate market might want to check out this two-part (30 minute each) interview that aired this weekend on Blue Ocean Network (BON), a brand new English-language channel focused on China. You can view Part 1 here and Part 2 here.
Some of the topics we tackled include:
- What is a bubble?
- What are the signs that there might be a real estate bubble in China?
- What factors are driving China’s property prices upwards?
- Why are so many apartments, offices, and malls lying empty and idle?
- How are China’s residential and commercial real estate markets different, and why does it matter?
- What impact have China’s stimulus efforts had on property markets?
- How exposed is China’s state-owned banking system to a property bubble?
- What is the government doing to rein in real estate markets, and how effective are these policies likely to be?
- Is China, as some argue, another Dubai waiting to happen?